Overall Role Description: The medical advisor will be the liaison between FPIES, clinical research, and the families and caregivers dealing with FPIES. The medical advisor will provide general clarification and answer both general medical and scientifically based questions. The medical advisor will be willing to educate families during the quarterly meetings and share medically-based knowledge in relation to both FPIES and the participants' experience with the condition.
· Your time commitment will be minimal. Meetings will be hosted quarterly at the decided upon location.
· You will offer medical expertise in the area of FPIES, as needed. You are the bridge between parents and their understanding of FPIES. Your key role is to provide credible information as parents discuss their individual experiences.
· You may assist the group facilitator in securing other speakers to be present during these meetings. Examples include nutritionists, occupational therapists, GI doctors, allergists, etc.
· You will provide updates on news, advances or research that is occurring in the FPIES world. I-FPIES will develop quarterly updates to keep you informed.
· You will help build the support group by promoting it to your FPIES patients and other providers within the medical community.
· You will help foster strong, positive relationships between parents, families and the medical community.
· I-FPIES will supply information and materials to distribute on a quarterly basis.